Full-time Production Coordination and Management to join the EIRA team as of January 2023
Since 1993 EIRA has been committed to the development, innovation and promotion of contemporary dance, in Portugal and abroad. EIRA has been recognised as a centre of excellence for the creation, production and programming in the area of contemporary dance, providing working conditions and promoting the crossing of artists. Besides producing the works of choreographer Francisco Camacho, its founder and artistic director, EIRA has supported a wide range of national and foreign artists. Since 2016, it has organised the Lisbon International Contemporary Dance Festival – Cumplicidades, which is based on the idea of complicity, challenging artists, organisations and audiences to draw a map of Lisbon that is defined by contemporary dance.
Celebrating 30 years of uninterrupted activity in 2023, EIRA is now launching an exciting plan for the next four years, which is inspired and shaped by debates and practices around ageism, and the choreographic heritage in dance. It includes the production of new performances, festivals, cycles, meetings, conferences and artistic laboratories. Our activities will also include promoting international circulation, contributing to the memory of contemporary dance/performance and promoting artistic education. As in the previous decades, we shall continue to engage with a variety of audiences and locations, from small independent spaces to established stages in large urban centers.
The innovations that our plan will bring are, nonetheless, firmly grounded in our distinctive approach, based on privileging experimentation, questioning established canons and developing new methodologies and approaches to contemporary dance with the aim of developing artistic productions able to anchored on the solidity of its trajectory. Eira enters this cycle with a renewed perspective and new challenges, based on axes of action of social and cultural relevance.
Eira is currently looking for a Coordinator (team and production) who will play a crucial role in this exciting new phase of our work.
Role: Coordination (team and productions)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, well-organised, effective, and self-motivated Coordinator to provide day-to-day support to our team and productions and contribute to EIRA’s vision and future plans.
The position is full-time (40 hours per week), based in Lisbon, with occasional national and international travel.
Contract, with a net salary of 1150.00 euros (food subsidy, holiday allowance and work insurance included)
– Team coordination, ensuring smooth day-to-day operations aligned with existing plans and available resources.
– Contribution to EIRA’s short- and long-term vision and strategic planning.
– Provide leadership in the management of existing grants, including the delivery of narrative and financial reports and the overall supervision of contracts/protocols until completion.
– Contribution to EIRA’s development and sustainability, by researching and identifying new opportunities for funding and partnerships.
– Promotion and dissemination of EIRA, nationally and internationally.
1. At least three years of team management experience, preferably in cultural and artistic sectors.
2. Proven organisational skills, with the ability to think strategically, set and deal with competing priorities and deadlines, and lead the team accordingly.
3. Strong interpersonal skills, with experience in developing and consolidating artistic and professional partnerships.
4. Fluent in Portuguese and English
5. Proven IT skills
6. Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
7. A flexible and proactive approach to work, including the availability to work in unusual hours (evenings and weekends) and to travel nationally and internationally.
Knowledge and understanding of the contemporary dance sector in Portugal and/or abroad.
Interested individuals who meet the requirements should send an application form, avaible here: https://bityli.com/SVvMsPpBB and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 December 2022.
Interviews will take place online on December 22th