Dance Study Project II
Organized in 3 distinct parts, with an intensive rhythm, of about 54 hours each, it’s targeted at those who develop or intend to pursue professional activity in the performing arts and aims to focus on the interpretation related aspects.
The parts will focus on contexts determined by areas of artistic interest of the trainer. Together, the attendees will reflect upon the common requirements of a creative process. The program contemplates the transmission of the dancer’s artistic practices, with focus on issues of domain and expansion on expressive potentialities of movement and gesture, creative response and mechanisms to stimulate the imaginary, and modes of scenic presence. Simultaneously, some work sessions will be guided by invited professionals, whose contributions will be strategic in the development of the knowledge and skills.
– Presence modes;
– Artistic site;
Attendees limit: 10;
Priority will be given to those who enroll in the largest number of modules; acceptance of registration on the individual modules is limited to the remaining vacancies.
– Provide a set of experiences aiming to expand skills either on the physical and expressive level;
– Provide participants with tools to be applied on the interpretation and co-creation processes;
– Disseminate the necessary artistic practices for a rewarding and well suceed participation in artistic processes.
The sessions will be structured contemplating
– Physical preparation;
– Movement components observation;
– Movement qualities exploration exercises;
– Presence modes exploration exercises;
– Creative and improvisational exercises;
– Discussions about the done work;
– Proposed artistic practices contextualization.
1st Module: 25th to 29th September and 1st to 4th of October.
2nd Module: 2nd to 3rd and 5th to 10th of November.
3rd Module: 3 to 7 and 10 to 15 December.
The sessions will last between 5 and 7 hours a day; totaling about 162 hours.
Three modules: € 250
Single module: € 85
Deadline: September 16th 2018
Teatro da Voz (Old Theater of Grace)
Travessa de São Vicente, 11
T: +351 21 353 09 31 | M: +351 91 255 51 00
This project outcomes from a partnership with the GDA Foundation, which partakes with 70% of the selected participants training costs. The amount presented above already includes this discount.
– República Portuguesa – Ministério da Cultura / Direcção Geral das Artes
– Câmara Municipal de Lisboa
– A Voz do Operário – Sociedade de Instrução e Beneficência