Dance Study Project LAB
@ Claudio Marques
Organized in 3 distinct parts, with an intensive rhythm, of about 54 hours each, it’s targeted at those who develop or intend to pursue professional activity in the performing arts and aims to focus on the interpretation related aspects. The limited number of attendees suits the purpose of enableling sharp attention to each participant, in order to overcome limits and achieve a singular performativity.
The parts will focus on contexts determined by areas of artistic interest of the trainer. Together, the attendees will reflect upon the common requirements of a creative process. The program contemplates the transmission of the dancer’s artistic practices, with focus on issues of domain and expansion on expressive potentialities of movement and gesture, creative response and mechanisms to stimulate the imaginary, and modes of scenic presence. Simultaneously, some work sessions will be guided by invited professionals, whose contributions will be strategic in the development of the knowledge and skills.
The work developed in the 2017 edition continues with the same participants. It is organized in 3 modules of 7 days, at an intensive pace (42h / module).
• Presence modes;
• Artistic site;
• Provide a set of experiences aiming to expand skills either on the physical and expressive level;
• Provide participants with tools to be applied on the interpretation and co-creation processes;
• Disseminate the necessary artistic practices for a rewarding and well suceed participation in artistic processes.
• Presence modes;
• Artistic place;
The sessions will be structured contemplating:
• Physical preparation;
• Movement components observation;
• Movement qualities exploration exercises;
• Presence modes exploration exercises;
• Creative and improvisational exercises;
• Discussions about the done work;
• Proposed artistic practices contextualization.
April 2018 — 1º part
June 2018 — 3º part and final presentation
Teatro da Voz
Travessa de São Vicente, 11
T: +351 21 353 09 31 | M: +351 91 255 51 00
• Fundação GDA
• República Portuguesa — Ministério da Cultura / Direcção Geral das Artes
• Câmara Municipal de Lisboa
• A Voz do Operário — Sociedade de Instrução e Beneficência